Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let Go!




Remembering is not holding on unless you are trying to relive the past.


We all have had those embarrassing moments that we remember and laugh about. But then we have those memories that are not so friendly and they become like an en-grown toe nail that continues to give you pain.


There have been situations that have, at the time, felt like life itself would be over but you keep breathing and living and before you knew it you were over it.


Well some people never get over those dark moments. They allow it to haunt them like a never ending horror story and then it becomes a thorn of life, causing unnecessary pain.


Some don't realise there is a problem and continue to live in dysfunction. Or wonder why they have bad relationships or why everything in their life is drama.


God never intended for you to bask in self pity. Everyone has a story and some are worse than others, but we have to learn how to get over it and move forward. Learn from every mistake and grow and mature from every trial.


There are many things that I wish I could forget. But what I have learned is that I can't change the past. It is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it.


However I don't have to be a victim of the past. If I do, I will hurt myself and others in more ways than one. You will begin to see insecurities surface that you didn't know you had. And sprouting from just that alone are countless other things.


So let go! Don't let the past make you a victim of your today. Get help if you need it. Overcome your fears and regrets and begin to live your life in freedom, as God intended.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment