Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Always A Way Out



I love movies! Especially inspirational movies with an under dog that rises to the top at the end, despite all their obstacles in the process. The Bible's true stories as well as Hollywood's elaborate scenes and awesome actors have given us great examples. One feels encouraged and inspired after reading (or watching) the main character overcome every negative thing that tries to stop them from reaching their divine purpose.

Sometimes life gets so heavy that it feels like you're suffocating and everything around you is closing in. The walls seem too high to climb and you feel that your voice is just a faint memory that God, or anyone else for that matter, can't hear.

Even though you pray, believe and try to press through as hard as you can, your perception creates a smoke screen as if there is no way out. Almost like between a rock (Mount Everest) and the hardest place ever. You're not weird because everyone has been here before. However, no matter what you do or think, there is always a way out.

I can remember different times in my life that I was disappointed, hurt, absolutely annoyed or all the above, and although that feeling was dominant then, I (or God) managed to bring me out each time. Being allowed to go through that era in my life has made me a better, stronger and WISER person. Though I would not want to go through those particular situations again, I can not deny that (like the word says) everything worked out for my good.

One of my favorite scriptures is James 1:2-4, 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.'

This scripture has got me through so many hard transitions in life. Yes change is inevitable and problems come and go. But the one thing that remains is if you endure, not give up and (allow yourself to persevere in everything), you will reap a harvest (Galations 6:9).

There is nothing that you can't come out of. Whether your problem is physical, psychological, emotional, financial or spiritual, God has created a fail safe for any situation you may have. His possibilities are endless, so therefore yours are too. See what He says about you and who you are in him and you will gain the strength you need to endure difficult times.

Look up and don't give up! Picture yourself rising to the top and breaking through. See yourself in the opposite light of what this current season is for you. Remember, there is ALWAYS a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment