Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Know Who You Are Part 1





So many things in life would be less complicated if we knew who we were. Whether it is us defining our likes and dislikes or just knowing what we can and can not do or take. If we knew who's we are then that would totally clarify a whole lot more about our entire being.

When I was growing up, my mom always spoke positive things over me, even in prayer. I never remembered her calling me something crazy (except that one time she got mad at me..lol). But what I learned while growing up is that what matters most about you is what you think about you.

Even though she spoke positive things, I still had to deal with some teasing from peers in grade school and other image problems that stemmed from that. It grew into a tree that was later hard for me to cut down, even with reading the "word" of God.

But things didn't change until I began to grow in God and His word, and that showed me who I was in Him. I realized I had the power all along to be someone great that could impact the world with my God given gifts.

I know this sounds so cliche, but the truth is that my mind had to be rewired and renewed. I had to see myself as God sees me.....blessed, beautiful, strong, powerful, bold and extremely gifted.....etc, etc. Then I began to speak those things to myself so that it would resonate in my spirit. It wasn't until then that it would illuminate and change my life.

Always hearing flattery and compliments can boost an ego. But nothing last like self image. Because when the day ends you are left with yourself and your thoughts. Make the most of life by believing the best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment