Wednesday, August 3, 2011

You Don't Know Me





We've all met that person that always looks angry or like they are stuck up, right?  Or the other type that always seems like they have everything together and nothing seems out of place. Well chances are they are not what they seem.

I remember when I was younger I used to always have a scowl on my face. I thought it made me look hard. I would rather run people off right away than have them get close to me and hurt me. I didn't have the best of luck with friends growing up either.

My friendships started off good for a while but then eventually turned sour. We went from friends to a non existent relationship. So, I figured if a person could get through my mean mug (that scared most off), then they must really want to know me.


As I got older, I softened up. I figured it was easier to be nice than seem mean when I really wasn't mean to begin with. Of course like the saying, I attracted more bees with honey. But that didn't stop all the bad, it just kind of changed the game.


Now because I was so nice, people would think they could run over me and talk to me crazy. Then, I had to check'em like a bull dog. Afterwards, I would feel bad for having to do so and they're crying (ok....who looks like the bully now?). But I felt I had to let them know....You don't know me!


Just because a person may seem one way does not mean they are the way you think they are. Never underestimate a seemingly nice person or over-estimate a seemingly mean person. Never judge a book by it's cover, right? Because it might read totally different from the picture on the outside.

When it all comes down to it, you don't really know what's going on under the hood. That mean person could be an insecure little girl that just wanted to be excepted (like I was). Or, the sweet heart that's mean and evil as hell.... with a smile.

Which one are you?? Do you know you?

No comments:

Post a Comment